This guide demonstrates how to clear app data for Android 6 and Android 7 devices. You can watch the video demo which starts with Android 6, skip to 48 seconds for Android 7, or follow the text guide below.
Android 6 & Android 7 steps
- From the homescreen, choose the Settings icon (two cogs).
- Navigate to the Apps icon and choose this.
- You may need to wait a few moments for the apps to populate on the screen. Choose the app icon for which one you wish to delete.
- Choose Clear Data.
- Choose OK to confirm you wish to clear data for the app you have chosen.
- It will take a few moments to clear the data. It will now show 0.0 B or 0 B below Clear Data, depending on the Android version when cleared.
- The process to clear the data is now complete.